This breakfast quesadilla calls for crispy potato “tortillas” with a scrambled egg center that has delicious Mexican flavors folded up inside. It’s hearty, healthy, and has a bit of a kick. You’ll love it.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Single Serving | Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian
Prep time: | Cook and serve time:
1/2 bell pepper
1 small red potato
1 small wedge of red onion
1 teaspoon diced jalapeno
1/4 cup cashew cream
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Make cashew cream.
- Stir cashew cream with diced jalapeno.
- Use a mandolin to cut very thin potato slices.
- Cut bell pepper into slices.
- Chop cilantro.
Cook and serve:
- In a small bowl, use a fork to beat eggs. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat coated with cooking spray, arrange potato slices into rounds.
- Cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. (Definitely make sure you’ve sliced them as thin as possible so they fuse together when cooked.) Remove from heat (or keep them in the oven on warm), and set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray on medium heat, cook onions and bell pepper until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour veggies into a bowl and set aside.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray again, and return to burner, reducing to medium heat. Pour eggs into skillet and tip pan here and there to coat entire pan with the egg. Cook until nearly set, 2 to 3 minutes. Use a large spatula to flip egg and cook until fully set—this should just take 30 seconds or so.
- Spread jalapeno cashew cream over egg (save a dollop for the top), half of the veggies, and half of the cilantro.
- Fold egg in half, then in half again.
- To serve, place one potato round on a plate, top with remaining veggies and the folded egg.
- Top with the second potato round, that last dollop of cream, and the rest of the cilantro.