Who needs oil-soaked, fried potato chips when the homemade baked variety are SO GOOD?! These salty bites—that are a much healthier option than those bags that are about $5 a pop—are ready in about 25 minutes, and your oven does most of the work.
I have also listed a couple of ideas below for dips that are not only delicious, but also add a healthy protein balance to the works.
Hope you like these!
Baked Potato Chips
Two Servings | Gluten-Free, Vegan
Prep time: 5 min | Cook and serve time: 20 to 22 minutes
Yields: about 1-1/2 cups chips
2 medium red potatoes (or one russet potato)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use a mandolin to make thin potato slices. (I have a mandolin with three settings, and I used the middle one—so, thin, but not the thinnest possible.)
- In a Ziplock, toss the potato slices with the olive oil.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, lay out all the potato slices (avoid overlapping them—just the edges, if anything), then season with salt.
- Cook in preheated oven until most of each slice is golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Cool (should only take 5 minutes or so), sprinkle with a little more salt, then serve. (Store in air-tight container.)