This juice is my morning ritual. I slice and wash ingredients on the weekend, put them in individual Ziplocks, then pull one out of the fridge first thing each morning. (I usually have breakfast about 30 to 60 minutes later.) This green concoction is literally what gets me going each day. Get it? Go Green?
I started incorporating fresh juices into my diet about three years ago… I’m not a nutritionist, so I won’t get into the science of it all, but here’s what I noticed within just a few weeks: more “glow-y” skin (that’s a word, right?), less sugar cravings, more energy, and overall, I just felt better. I firmly believe that juices are total mood enhancers.
In addition to this green juice, I usually have another juice in the afternoon about 3 to 4 days a week. If I’m really on my game, I do an afternoon one every day—these are a few of my favorites.
Go Green Juice
Single Serving | Vegan, Gluten-Free
Yeilds: about 12 ounces of juice
Ready in: 5 min
4 to 6 romaine leaves
2 dino kale leaves
1 handful spinach
1/2 lemon, peel sliced off
3 stalks celery
Directions: Send all ingredients through a juicer. Pour and enjoy! (See juicing tips below.)
- This recipe is very forgiving…not a fan of celery? Skip it—maybe add a little more leafy greens.
- New to juicing and need it a little sweeter? No problem, just add more apple. Eventually, you’ll want less because it just starts to taste too sweet as you get used to the taste of the veggies.
- Ball the spinach up into the other leafy greens so they’re more compacted—you’ll get more juice out of them this way.
- Sometimes I add a 1/2-inch piece of ginger—put in as much as you can handle, but a little goes a long way! Also, ginger does better balled up with leafy greens, too, or else it ends up bouncing around the juicing tube when you drop it in.
- If you make extra for later in the day, store it in an airtight container (like a mason jar), with as little empty space as possible—pour it right up to the rim. (Air degrades the juice’s quality.)
Here are a few more of my favorite juices: