Remember when you used to go to Denny’s as a kid and you’d always have at least three different flavors of syrup to choose from? I’d forgotten how delicious those were until I whipped up some blueberry syrup for my Seahawks-inspired panckakes–i.e. “Hawkcakes.” (That’s right—Seattle girl, here!)
YUM, this stuff is SO delicious. Just another example of the joy the Seahawks have brought into my life in the past couple years. 😉
Condiment | Vegan, Gluten-Free
Ready in: 30 min
Yields: About 2 cups of syrup
- In a medium saucepan on medium-low heat, melt butter, then stir in lemon juice and brown sugar. Stir until sugar is melted, about one minute.
- Add blueberries, stirring occasionally until they get a little softer, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the blueberries are soft, use a fork to gently smash them to allow juices to flow out.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture has cooked down a bit, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate, covered. It should be good for a week or so.
Try topping these Grain-Free Secret Spinach Pancakes with it!
Oh, and here are those Hawkcakes I mentioned earlier—a 12-stack, of course.