I don’t do a ton of meat, but I have to admit, I have been known to order bacon from time to time when I go out to breakfast. And I feel like it’s not really a party until you wrap something in bacon—or in this case, pair something with bacon.
These small bites hold up great when prepped ahead of time for a gathering, and the Brussels sprouts put a fall spin on things.
Want a vegetarian option? Just double up on the Brussels sprouts, two per toothpick—they’re a great crunchy, salty snack all on their own.
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Mini Kabobs
Yields: about 50 kabobs | Vegan, Gluten-Free
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 20 to 30 min | Ready in: 50 min
1-1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts (use small ones—less than 1 inch long—or cut large ones in half so they cook at the same rate as the bacon)
1 lb bacon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
(You’ll also need toothpicks.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a jelly roll pan with tin foil, and place a cookie rack inside.
- Slice the ends off of Brussels sprouts.
- In a bowl or Ziplock, toss together Brussels sprouts, olive oil, and salt.
- Slice bacon into thirds.
- Thread one piece of sliced bacon onto toothpick, accordion style.
- Push one Brussels sprout onto the end of the toothpick and place on pan/cookie rack. (Or do two Brussels sprouts.)
Optional tip: Bake Brussels sprouts for five minutes before adding them to toothpicks to make them softer and easier to pierce.
- Bake kabobs in preheated oven until bacon is cooked and the outer layer of Brussels sprouts are golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven halfway through the bake time and turn kabobs over to cook evenly.
- Remove from oven and serve right away.
Want more party eats? I’ve put a whole menu together for you HERE.