So when I was trying to think of a low-maintenance side for my Friendsgiving dinner party, I remembered that I’d always wanted to try making smashed potatoes. And of course, rosemary would need to be incorporated.
These are really easy to make, and are great for breakfast as well as dinner. I suppose, I’d eat ’em for lunch, too. 😉
Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
Ready in: 1 hour
10 to 12 small multi-colored potatoes
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat and cook until potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and let sit until cool to the touch.
- Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with half of the olive oil, then place potatoes on top. Use the heel of your hand to press potatoes down until they are about 1-inch thick.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil on top, then sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until edges are crispy, flipping halfway through.