I made these yesterday, which as it turns out, was National Almond Day. Someone commented to that effect when I posted a sneak peek pic of this recipe on Instagram, while I was totally clueless as to my timeliness. I mean, what are the chances, right?? Actually, there was a one in 365 chance of doing that, and…BOOM! I think this is when you’re supposed to buy a lottery ticket, right?
Anyhoo, I had been meaning to make this recipe for weeks, and realized I only had exactly as much fresh rosemary left as I’d need, so decided to get my rear in gear. I’d never roasted almonds before, but let me tell you, I am SO a fan, now.
So easy, so tasty. The perfect healthy, salty snack. I mean, we all know, raw almonds are best for you, blah, blah, blah. But sometimes you need to fancify the situation to keep things interesting for your taste buds. This recipe’ll do the trick.
Rosemary Roasted Almonds
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 10 to 13 min | Ready in: 38 min
Yields: 2 cups roasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ingredients to coat almonds evenly.
- Pour almonds into a jellyroll pan lined with tin foil, spreading them out so that they’re not piled on top of each other.
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven until they are golden brown, about 10 to 13 minutes. A few of mine split open a little, so if you see that, they’re done!
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes, then enjoy!
These are great for a cocktail party or even a dinner party when guests are enjoying the first round of drinks before sitting down to the meal.
They’re also great for an on-the-go snack. Throw some in a Ziplock and put them in your purse or gym bag so you have them handy when you’re out and about and start feeling those hunger pangs.